BRAIN EATING AMOEBA CLAIMS A LADY'S LIFE... Read more.
According to news posted on https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-dies-brain-eating-amoeba-161500195.html?nhp=1
Lauren Seitz An 18yrs old lady died after authorities believed that she contracted a rare brain eating amoeba from a river while on vacation with her Church Choir.
The disease they said must have been contacted when they went rafting on a river in North Carolina, USA. Her cause of death was said to be Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis.
It was said that the one-celled microscopic organism commonly occurs in warm fresh waters. While drinking water that is contaminated with the amoeba does not cause disease, Naegleria fowleri becomes infectious when water containing the organism goes up a person's nose.
When a person becomes infected, Naegleria fowleri is almost always deadly. According to CDC statistics, only 3 people out of 138 known infected individuals in the United States from 1962 to 2015 have survived.
Post a Comment